Well folks, I’m finally home and digging out from a week’s worth of traveling plus all the new stuff I didn’t put away from Christmas. I’m a bit overwhelmed with it all, and I’m feeling the pressure of getting it organized quickly so we can get back into the comfortable routine of school. BUT, I’m also exhausted! So, I’m taking a breather while the kids nap to give you my favorites of my trip, in no particular order.
- my french vanilla latte made by one of my favorite pianists, Shawn
- my new, hand-held, touch screen Yahtzee given by Lesa
- the baby elephant at the zoo
- a mean game of Sequence
- watching my boys jump for HOURS on a trampoline
- laughing, laughing, laughing, laughing
- singing ABBA songs while Lauren accompanied on the piano
- shopping in the used book section of the giant homeschool store
- catching up with a friend who has spent the last 5 years in Paris
- sharing the deep things of my heart with my kindred spirit Lesa
And just in case you are worried that we might be a little too attached to Houston, here’s my least favorite things about Houston.
- traffic, traffic, traffic-it is everywhere, all the time
- itsy, bitsy, teensie, wheensy yards
- noise pollution